Hold On Tight

What a whirlwind of a weekend.

Thursday night was opening night for what was probably my last theatre performance for a long time. For the third summer in a row, I have spent every Sunday working with a collection of local female artists devising our very own theatre project. We select a “Mother Text” or female inspiration and then all contribute in writing, learning music, dancing(ish), drawing, painting, and a slew of other artistic expressions culminating in a one weekend performance. This year our theme was Wonder Woman! We had a very loving house and a great performance.

Friday was pretty typical at the start; wake up sad, shed a tear for the missing pieces of my morning ritual, get ready, go to work, etc. I had another performance Friday night so I headed out to the theatre to get dressed and warmed up. After the performance, the Huz and I met up with a friend who had driven in from out of town (Nat). The three of us loaded into one car and drove to a small collection of bars/eateries smack dab in the middle of nowhere to meet with a sister and another friend to rock out at a totally awesome live show. It was a late night of dancing (meaning I bounced slightly and tapped a foot aggressively, and sometimes clapped) and hollering. We took Nat home with us and spent another hour-ish catching up and such before I threw in the towel and went to bed. I don’t even think my head hit the pillow before I fell asleep.

Saturday, the Huz, Nat and I met up with the sis (G) for a delightful and delicious brunch on the back porch of a local cafe/bakery. The sun was out, there was a slight breeze, the food was reeeeeally good and ordered in abundance. We spent a good chunk of the morning stuffing our faces before we finally waddled back to the car. G and I went our separate way to do a little birthday shopping and visit a bit. Everyone eventually got their cars from the parking lots they had been abandoned in. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the theatre for our closing Wonder Woman performance.

Meanwhile, my parents were driving another sis (Cor) into town. They made it to their hotel mid-performance and ate dinner out while we struck our “set”. G and I rushed ourselves out to meet the other half of the family (Shelby would catch up with us shortly) and got in many hugs and belly rubs. Mom, Cor and G all had/have birthdays right in this August – September window, so we took this opportunity to gift exchange. After a bit of ooohhing, ahhhhing, and chit-chat, we made our exit, took Cor home with us, and gave G my car so she could drive herself back to where she was staying.

Sunday morning, Cor and I headed to the grocery store to supplement our dismal food supply. The parents came over, we discovered a leak in the closet (freakin water I hate you with a fiery passion) and decided not to deal with it just then. The whole point of the weekend was the Baby Shower some friends organized as a Sunday Brunch. I’ll have to write about that separately to do it justice, but a leak in the closet was not going to stop us from having a good time. Which we did. And then came home and dealt with the leak in the closet. Which appears to be fixed. Knock on wood and/or build me an arc because water is becoming my mortal enemy. And then we drove Cor to the airport. And then we went to dinner. And then Mom and Dad drove G to where she was staying and went back to the hotel. And that was that.

Color me one exhausted pregnant lady. I fell asleep on the couch at about 8:00 last night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s